Thursday, October 14, 2021

Catching the Herbert C. Jackson

 So I'm finally getting around to posting my pictures from the weekend.  It proved to be a whirlwind weekend.

Before I headed to other points, I saw that the Herbert C. Jackson was heading upbound.  I couldn't make it to Belle Isle in time to catch her, so I headed over to Windmill Point.
As it turns out, I caught her in time there but just barely.
It turns out that she was heading up to Bay City (more on that later).
If I remember correctly, her crane was added in Bay City.
At any rate, she is a pretty nice looking ship.
I wasn't sure if Windmill Point was a place where I could use my drone.  I looked it up on the FAA app and I was happy to find out that I could.
It was a pretty nice day.  I like the fact that I got the lighthouse in the picture.
Another shot.
I like the reflection in this one.
While Lake St. Clair isn't considered one of the Great Lakes, it is another that you can't see the opposite side.
The Jackson heads up to Bay City.
One more shot before moving on.


No comments: