Thursday, October 14, 2021

The Kaye E. Barker on the Rouge River

 I looked at the shipping traffic yesterday and as I was about ready to get disappointed, I saw that the Kaye E. Barker was going to making her way up the Rouge River.

I couldn't make it earlier because there was construction in places and traffic on I-94 but I was able to make it to the Dix Bridge.
They were doing something with the bridge, so I had to park on the opposite side that I normally do but that was okay.  This side gives different angles.
Plus I get the bow shot I like so much.
A group of geese took off as I was taking this one.
She makes the turn towards the bridge.
The black smoke is from her bow thruster.  She needed it here.
It was a little windy, so not the normal reflection.
She just about approaches the bridge.
I kind of like this shot, especially with the colors of the trees in the background.
Another application of her bow thruster.
She makes the turn for the Rouge Steel dock.


No comments: