Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Sleeping Bear Dunes

 So we finally made it to Sleeping Bear Dunes.  I think they are going to be closed in a couple of weeks and I thought this was a good weekend to head over there.  I thought there would be more color but I think I missed that by a week or so.

WE took the road tour.  It is a nice little tour that takes about an hour (or longer if you linger more).  This was the first stop.  I'm not sure what lake it is looking over, but it's a nice view.
Another angle.
Another spot in the park.  One of the better views, I think.
I sort of like these dunes.
Another angle.
Another set of dunes.
As I was taking pictures of this area, I saw that there was a tug/barge passing through.  It turns out that it was the Spartan/Spartan II.  It was delivering something to Ludington, if I had to guess, I would say it was asphalt.
Another picture from this area.
I went to another spot in the park.  There was a little bit more color here.
One more picture before moving on.

I couldn't get any drone shots from here.  You can launch or fly a drone in a national park.


No comments: