Friday, February 18, 2022

A Stop at the Dossin Museum

 Then I decided to take my dad to the Dossin Museum.  I didn't remember if I took him there before but even if I did, it's a pretty neat place.

They changed up the exhibits a bit.  Throughout the museum, they had a bunch of models.  This was a ship in a bottle.
A model of the Sykes before she had her self unloading boom.
This was a tour boat of some sort.  I think it was a steam powered one.
A cutaway model of the John G. Munson.  It was showing the self unloading system.  She was in the Bradley colors.
I'm not sure what ship this was but it was carrying a bunch of cars.  I would have loved to see this.
The S.T. Crapo.
An engine telegraph in the pilothouse of the William Clay Ford.
I think this was a radar scope.
Both of them together.
The controls of the ship.
I think this is a radio direction finder.
At one time, the Great Lakes were ringed with radio towers that would send out signal of their location.  You could use this device to get a fairly accurate fix of your position.  With the advent of GPS, this system is no longer needed (but I think it may still be around).
A ship called the Pewabic.


No comments: