Friday, February 18, 2022

The Samuel Risley Makes an Appearance

 As we were getting ready to leave, I decided to show my dad the AIS they had there.  As I was looking at it, I saw that there was a ship at the tip of Belle Isle.  I was surprised as I checked AIS before heading out and I didn't see any ships stirring.  The ship must have started to stir as I was at other places.

The ship was being led by the Samuel Risley.  The Risley was sort of breaking ice but there wasn't much ice at this part of the river.
I haven't seen the Risley yet as she has been breaking ice on Lake St. Clair and this part of the Detroit River.  She hasn't ventured down to the part of the river by Belanger Park.
It was pretty cool to see her as I think she is a pretty neat looking ship.
It wasn't too long before she passed the pilot house.
All I can say is that I was glad I was inside because it was a little on the cold side.
I decided to take a picture that gave a sense of place.
And she started to pass.
The beam shot.
I'm not sure how far up she went but this was the last picture I took.


No comments: