Friday, February 11, 2022

Catching Up With the Griffon

 I was kind of waffling if I wanted to go anywhere last Saturday.  That got quickly settled when I looked at Marine Traffic.

I saw that the Griffon and two other ships would be passing.
It has been a while since I've seen the Griffon.
I'll have to say that she is a pretty cool looking icebreaker.
If I remember correctly, she is roughly the same size as the current Mackinaw.
It seems like she always hangs around Lake Erie up to Lake St. Clair.
There are other icebreakers for the St. Clair River and Lake Huron.
However, they keep busy because there is still some shipping in the off season.
Not as much though.
Plus, I think the icebreakers relieve some of the pressure on the shore and help prevent some flooding.
As I was taking pictures of her, I got a treat.  If you see the little dot under her bow, that's an eagle.
And then I saw a trio of them.
And she headed up.  I think she ended up docking near Dieppe Park in Windsor.
A stern shot as I moved on to the next ship.


No comments: