Tuesday, March 28, 2023

A Suprise Visitor

 I also had today off.  One of the ships that I was tracking was the Sykes.

She laid up in Sturgeon Bay and when she left Sturgeon Bay, she headed down to Burns Harbor.
I thought that meant a trip to Grand Haven.
But instead, it turned out to be a trip to Cleveland.
That meant she would be passing by here.  So I looked at where she was and tried to figure out when she would be passing.  I was hoping that I could track her down from Port Huron to Belanger Park.
She passed Port Huron way too early this morning but I saw that I had a chance to catch her at Belanger Park.  The sun would be just coming up.
It was pretty cool to catch her.
And I think I got her in pretty good light.
The Detroit skyline behind her.
I have a feeling, she will be making this trip again this year.
Sadly, she was moving to where the sun way.
I kind of like this shot.
Too bad the sun was right behind her.
Her pilothouse.
She continues on to Cleveland.
If I had been paying attention, I could have caught her in Cleveland too.


No comments: