Sunday, March 5, 2023

Catching a Ship

 As I was looking for something to do today, I was thinking about heading up to Bay City to see if I could catch some eagles.  Then I realized that I didn't want to drive that far.  Then I thought about going to see trains in Fostoria but I wasn't sure how the recent derailments would affect trains there.  Then I was thinking about going to the airport today but I did that yesterday. 

Then I decided to check Marine Traffic and was excited when I saw that there was ship coming down from Goderich.

So it turns out that the Algoma Conveyor was heading down from Goderich to Sarnia.
I'm not sure if she was delivering something to Sarnia or going in for a little bit of layup before the proper season.
If she was delivering something, it would have been salt but there really has been a huge need for that so far.
Although it seems like winter is coming back.  I think there is some snow predicted for this week.
At any rate, it was nice seeing this ship as this is one of my favorite names.
Even if it reminds me of a more famous ship name.
The name reminds me of the Atlantic Conveyor which was one of the ships sank during the Falklands conflict.
She makes the turn for the channel and starts to pour a little smoke on.
It was a nice sunny day.
Which made for nice bright pictures.
She makes the turn for the rest of the channel.
The bow shot.
She continues her turn.
A little more smoke.
I kind of like this angle.
She's framed by the Blue Water Bridges.
She continues on.
About as close to a beam shot as I can get.
Her pilot house.
She passes by.
I like the reflections in the water.
She makes the turn.
Another shot.
The stern shot.
She is assisted by a tug into her docking spot.


No comments: