Saturday, March 25, 2023

The Arthur M. Anderson Passes By

 I'm going to call this my first ship of the season since the other one was not moving.  I told myself that if she started to move I would go catch her.

The Arthur M. Anderson was laid up in Toledo.  I saw a post a couple of days ago that she was getting ready to go out.
I didn't see her leaving yesterday, so I figured that she would probably be leaving today.
I saw a post on Facebook that confirmed that for me.  But sometimes I can't trust what's on Facebook, so I checked Marine Traffic and sure enough, she was heading out.
I was pretty sure that she would be stopping for fuel and it was late enough in the day that I figured the only chance I had to catch her was at Belanger Park.
Sure enough, she was stopping for fuel.  There was another ship ahead of her, so she was taking her time heading up the river.  So I'm glad that I went to Belanger, otherwise I would have missed her.
Belanger is a pretty decent spot for shipwatching but I think catching downbound ships is better.
She was heading to the Mistersky Docks where she would get fuel.
Then she would be heading up to Duluth.
There I guess she will pick up iron ore to bring back.


No comments: