Tuesday, March 28, 2023

First Up The Frontenac

 I wasn't feeling well on Sunday, so I didn't do anything.  I took yesterday and today off because it was the opening week for the shipping season.  I didn't go up to the Soo but I figured it would be fairly busy down here.

Yesterday was a fairly busy day and I got to spend most of it watching boats.  The timing made it so that I had to use most of my boatwatching spots.

First up was the Frontenac.  She ending up heading to Fairport on the first day that she could.  I think she loaded something there because she looked loaded as she was heading up.
Usually upbound ships don't ride this low on the water because usually they are unloaded.
She was heading up to Thunder Bay, so again I wasn't sure what she was carrying.
Whe she comes back, she could carry just about anything.
Getting close to my bow shot.
My favorite shot in Port Huron.
She makes the turn for the channel.
It was a little on the windy side yesterday, so I didn't take my drone with me.
She starts to pass under the bridge.
I had to get the Blue Water Bridges in my shot.
She passes by.
I love the looks of this ship.
And she heads out to Lake Huron.
Her deck house.
Her stern.
And she continues out into Lake Huron.


No comments: