Sunday, October 15, 2023

Some of my Diecast Models in the Light Box

 One day I was saying to my mom that I was thinking about getting a light box.  I figured that it would make taking pictures of my models and figures much easier.  I didn't think she would actually get one for me, but she did.  It is pretty neat and it is pretty helpful I think.

I didn't really feel like going out to take pictures today even thought it was a nice day when it started.  As I was about to go out, it started to cloud over.  I checked the weather around Port Huron because that's where I wanted to go and I found it was raining there.  Since I wasn't feeling particularly motivated anyway, that pretty much settled it.

But I couldn't pass on taking pictures, so I decided to bring the light box out and mess around.

I think I need to get a bigger box.  But I do like this one but after I took my pictures, I discovered that I should have set it up with the lights to the top.  I can see where that would help to make the lighting a little more even.  
I had to start with the F-14 Tomcat since that is one of my favorites of all time.  This particular one is from VF-84 which was on the Nimitz for a time.
Next up was an A-7 Corsair II.  This is a plane that served through Vietnam and up until Desert Storm.
This particular one was from the Sidewinders.
After that was the A-6 Intruder.
This is the plane made famous by Flight of the Intruder.
Another favorite of mine is the A-10 Thunderbolt.
I'm going to have to work on the front shot a bit but this one wasn't too bad.
This particular one is stationed at Selfridge in Michigan.
An F-4 Phantom wearing the Vietnam War era paint.
This particular one was flown by Robin Olds.
I like the scheme but I like the Navy scheme better.
Another of my favorites is the F-16 Fighting Falcon.  This particular one is in the Wild Weasel configuration, which means it goes after enemy surface to air missile sites.
I like this tail art.
The other view.
A MiG-29 Fulcrum wearing Ukrainian colors.
Since the Russians brought pretty heavy air defenses, you don't hear too much about this.
But apparently, the US sent anti-radar missiles and that might help.
A Panavia Tornado.  This plane was a joint design between Germany, the United Kingdom and Italy.
It is now retired.
But it was pretty cool in the day.
A Harrier.
This particular one is wearing British colors.
It is retired by the British but still sees service in the US Marines.  In fact, I think the British sold some of their newer units to the Marines.
My last one is an A-4 Skyhawk.
This plane was designed by a person from Michigan.
This is a model of the plane that was flown by Senator John McCain as he was shot down.


No comments: