Sunday, October 29, 2023

The Victory and her Barge the Maumee

 As I was getting ready to leave, I saw that there was one more vessel coming up.

I was almost going to pass because I saw that it was a tug/barge.
But I figured, I was here and she was here and it was another ship, sort of.
The tug is the Victory and the barge is the Maumee.  She used to be the Lewis J. Kuber.
I think they changed the name in keeping with how they name their ships after rivers.
The Maumee is one of the rivers they visit.
She was coming up from Detroit but again, I'm not sure if that was the last port she visited or her port of origin.
She was heading up to Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.
I'm not sure what she was going to pick up though.
The beam shot, sort of.
A picture of her tug.
I think her tug looks kind of cool.
One more before moving along.


No comments: