Saturday, October 14, 2023

The Wilfred Sykes Passes on a Cloudy, Rainy and Cold Day

 I decided that I was going to head up north today, but before I did, I saw that the Wilfred Sykes was heading down to Cleveland.   I also saw that I could catch her in Port Huron, so I headed up there.

As I was heading up to Port Huron, it was raining pretty hard in spots but I looked at the weather and looked like it was pretty clear in Port Huron.  The rain started to let up as I got closer, so I was a bit relieved.
It was sprinkling as I got to Port Huron but it wasn't too bad.  But I wanted in the car until I saw the Sykes.
It wasn't long before I saw her round the bend.  Here she is on Lake Huron.
She did a partial load at Drummond Island and then she finished loading at Calcite.
Based on that, I assume she is carrying stone.
Just before I went to bed last night, I checked Marine Traffic and saw that she was leaving.  I then calculated how long until Port Huron.
I saw that I would catch her at about noon.
It was pretty windy but that wasn't translating to too many waves.
She makes the turn for the channel.
The bow shot.
She makes one more turn,
I kind of like these angles.
So I get another.
Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
She continues on her way.
How can you tell that there was some sort of celestial event in Michigan?  It was cloudy.
The beam shot.
I like this shot.
She heads down the river.
She continues on her way to Cleveland.  From this point, it would be about 12 hours to Cleveland normally but I think there are gale warnings, so alot of the ships heading that way are hunkered down around Point Pelee.


No comments: