Friday, October 27, 2023

Watching the Cuyahoga Unload in Windsor

 So I was looking at Marine Traffic today.  I saw that the Arthur Anderson would be passing Detroit after I got out of work.  I also saw that the Cuyahoga would be passing around that time as well.  So after work, I decided to head down to Riverside Park in order to catch them.

The Anderson had stopped for fuel, which is one of the reasons I headed down.  She was still fueling when I got out of work, so I thought I had a chance to catch her.  Unfortunately, the traffic didn't cooperate with me, so I didn't make it on time.
Nor was I able to catch the Cuyahoga as she was heading down, but she was right across from where I was, so I decided to take some pictures.
We had a bit of a scare earlier this year as she had a fire in her engine room.  Fortunately, the crew was able to put it out quickly and there wasn't much damage.  Also, Lower Lakes uses her quite a bit, so it was very likely that she would be back in service.
Sure enough, she was.
I think she came down from Bruce Mines.
And I think she was delivering stone.  As I type this, she is heading down to Kingsville, where she will pick up her next load.


No comments: