Monday, November 20, 2023

Catching Up With the Munson

 It was a nice day yesterday but it didn't look like it was going to be a particularly busy day on the River.  most of the ships passed in the night or were coming down much later.  With the sunset coming earlier, it can be hard.  One of the ships was one that I haven't seen in a while.

The John G. Munson was coming.  I think she was coming from one of the stone ports, so she had a load of stone.
She was heading down to Cleveland.
As I was looking at the time, I figured she would be passing Detroit around noon.
I didn't miss it by too much.  Except that I did miss the bow shot.
She starts to make the turn for the rest of the channel.
There is a spot where you can get a relatively clean shot.
She approaches Windsor.
Some of Windsor in the background.
More of Windsor in the back ground.
It was a pretty calm day, so I got my drone out.
I love the look of the Detroit River from the air.
The Munson looks pretty cool too.
She passes my drone.
I like this shot.
The beam shot.
She continues down the River.
One more shot with my drone.
Backed by the Gordie Howe Bridge.
One more before the next ship.


No comments: