Saturday, November 4, 2023

The Algoma Buffalo Passes Through Bay City Today

I had some decisions for where to go today.  The lovely Kaye E. Barker was heading to Grand Haven today.  There were also some ships heading to Muskegon.  But then I checked the Saginaw River and it looked like a busy day.  There were at least three ships that were on it and I was really interested in catching one of those.

First up, the Algoma Buffalo was heading over from the Calumet River.  I think she had a load of salt but I'm not sure.
She was heading to Saginaw.
But before she got to Saginaw, she had to pass Bay City and that's where I caught her.
I like this shot.  I caught this from Vet's Park.
She starts to pass me.
She passes the Rivertown development.
I kind of like this shot.
But I like this one better as it is almost a beam shot.
She continues down the river.
The stern shot.
ONe more from this spot.
I wanted to get some shots with my regular camera.
The lighting was a little better here.
It was also a spot where I could get a bow shot.
She makes the turn for this spot in the river.
A little more.
Almost caught the bow shot.
She makes the turn for the straight part.
She starts to pass me.
She puts on a little steam.
Almost a beam shot.
A shot of her pilot house.
I moved to another spot in the river because I wanted to catch the next ship.
I liked the way the light looked in this shot.  Unfortunately, if I exposed the ship properly, the sky would be washed out.  This shot is kind of a compromise.
And one more before the next ship.
 

No comments: