Sunday, November 5, 2023

Playing With the Lightbox Again

 For some reason the time shift didn't set well with me.  I didn't sleep well last night, so I didn't really feel like going out and about.  Sadly, it looked like it was a nice day.  But I figured I needed some pictures, so I decided to play around with my light box.

So I like to collect action figures.  Sometime ago, I discovered the 6" version of the G.I. Joes I grew up with.  These are alot more detailed that the original ones and they look nice displayed on my shelf.
This particular one is Flint.  I liked the looks of him because he reminded me of a character named Mack Bolan.  Mack Bolan was a series of books written by a man named Don Pendleton.  The character was a Vietnam vet whose family was murdered by the Mafia.  After he got his revenge, he was asked to work for the CIA.  The books were okay but I imagine they haven't aged well.
This is another one of my favorite characters.
This is shipwreck.  As I was growing up, my dad was in the Navy.  Both of my grandpas were in the Navy.  Most of my heroes were in the Navy.  So it would come as no surprise that one of my favorite G.I. Joes would be in the Navy.  This particular one is Shipwreck.  Normally he'd have a parrot too but I couldn't get it on.    Besides, the spot they have designated is in his arm and it feels like he should be on his shoulder.
And another one of my favorites.
But I actually like the original one a little better.  One of the times I was home sick, there was a movie on TBS called "Rumor of War".  It was about a man who joins the Marines during the Vietnam War and served as an officer.  It was pretty good.  This character reminded me of that movie.
As you know, my favorite plane is the 757.  It has been for a long time and probably will be well after it is retired (which apparently is coming soon).
The first time I saw it was at Detroit Metro Airport.  I was waiting for a friend and it was coming into the gate.  For some reason it reminded me of a swan.
One of my favorite liveries doesn't exist anymore.  It is the Shamu livery from Sea World.  I think the Sea World lease ran out and Southwest didn't renew because Sea World was having some issues.
This is a pretty cool livery.  Southwest has some of the coolest looking special liveries.  One of these day, I will see this in person.
Since I haven't caught Fed Ex Flight 505 in a while, here is a picture of my model.
The Concorde is a plane that I wish I would have seen in person.  I imagine it was impressive.


No comments: