Friday, November 17, 2023

First Up, the Lee A. Tregurtha

 First up was one of my favorite ships.

The Lee A. Tregurtha was making her way down from Marquette.
She was heading to Dearborn.
That means she had a load of taconite which weight 26,000 tons or more than she weighed empty.
This is a fairly normal run for her but I haven't seen her in a bit.
So I wanted to catch her.
She makes the turn for the channel.  The light was perfect for me.
She really is a nice ship.
I think she is one of the oldest ships on the Great Lakes now.
She cuts a nice profile.
And continues to make her turn.
The second bow shot.
She makes her way for the other part of the channel.
It is neat to watch the dance.
I like this shot.
One more before switching to my drone.
It was relatively calm out, so it was a nice day for the drone.
The Blue Water Bridge looked pretty cool.
I like this shot.
She starts to pass by.
The almost beam shot.
She continues on her way.
One more with my drone.
From this point, she is about 6 hours from her destination.

On a side note, the person the Tregurtha was named after passed away on November 6th, 2023.  She was born in 1937 and studied architecture at Cornell University.


No comments: