Sunday, November 26, 2023

The Miedwie on a Rainy Day

 My dad came down and we decided to do some ship watching.  First we went to Port Huron where I hoped that we would catch the Lee A. Tregurtha.  Unfortunately, she just passed when we arrived there.  I didn't want my day to be a bust, so I looked at Marine Traffic and I saw that there was a pair of ships heading up.  So we headed down to Marine City where we could catch them.

It wasn't the best of days to go boatwatching.  When we got to Marine City, it started to rain and that put a nice haze on the river.
I suppose that I should count my blessings because it has been pretty nice so far.  This is the first really nasty day that we've had in a while.
The ship is the Miedwie which is owned by Polish Steamship.
I'm not sure where it was heading from.  I presume from somewhere on the other side of the Welland Canal.
She was heading up to Thunder Bay.
I assume that she will be picking up a load of grain there.
I will also assume that she will probably be heading to Europe from there as the end of the shipping season is rapidly approaching.
I think because of the Seaway strike, they pushed the end of the shipping season back a week.  Normally it would end at Midnight on December 31st but I think this year it will end on January 8th, 2024.
At any rate, it was pretty nice to see this ship.


No comments: