Saturday, November 4, 2023

The Cuyahoga on the Saginaw River

This was the ship that decided it for me.  She arrived fairly early in the morning and I thought that I would have a chance to chase her as she left the river.  Sadly, she took longer to unload that I expected, so it was getting late when she started her way up the River.

But I think it made for some cool lighting.  If you look in front of her, you can see the eagle that watched her departure.
Passing the Algoma Buffalo with the light lines in the sky.  I really like this picture.
The Cuyahoga was delivering stone to somewhere near Saginaw.  She is heading up to Calcite as I speak.  I presume to pick up more stone.
The eagle near her center.
A better passing shot.
She's looking pretty rough too but again they repaired her after a fire, I think that means she's going to be around for a while.
She works her way out the river.
Sadly, I wouldn't have enough light at the next spot, so these are the only pictures.
But the sun looked cool behind her.
One more with my regular camera.
Then I switched to my drone.
I didn't get drone shots of her last time.
So I was happy to do that.  I almost wasn't going to but I wasn't sure when I'd get another chance.
I kept the drone low because I like the lower angles.
This is probably my favorite.
She needs a painting too.
I missed the beam shot as I waffled with pulling the drone back.
She continues down the river.
I like this shot.
Pretty windy but less windy than her namesake river.
 

No comments: