Monday, April 27, 2015

A Canadian View of the American Century

The post title sounds like it could be the beginning of an essay or a book or something.  It's not though.  It's just the fact that I was able to catch the American Century from Canada.  My lighting was still pretty good but it was getting to the point where I was going to head back over to the American side.  I was still shooting with the light, so that it wasn't much of a problem.
 For some reason, I am reminded of the scene in Jurassic Park where Ian Malcolm says, "We must go faster".  Because of the size of the American Century, she looks much closer.  If I were to venture to guess, I'd say she was a mile out at this point.
 It's kind of funny that the first ship I would catch from Sarnia would be the American Century because I'm pretty positive that she was the first ship I ran across when I first went to Port Huron.  If she wasn't my first ship from there, she was definitely one of my earliest.
 She works her way into the St. Clair River.  I will have to admit, it was kind of odd seeing her from this side because her turns were almost exactly the opposite of what I'm used to.
 However, I think I was closer to her when she made her turn towards the River.
 She almost gives me the three quarters view that I really like.
 A nice blue sky is her backdrop as she approaches the Fort Gratiot Lighthouse.
 One more shot of that.
 She starts to pass the Paper Mill.
 And the park where I'm used to catching her.  It's funny, because I see some of the people I would see later.
 A shot of her pilothouse and boom.
 And she starts to work her way under the Blue Water Bridge.

And one more shot before moving on.

Despite my best efforts, this was the only time I saw her on Saturday.

No comments: