Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Passing Through Ohio

On Saturday I decided to head over to Washington DC.  I saw that the cherry blossoms were in full bloom and I've been meaning to head over there for that.  So that meant going through Ohio.
 I decided to take the more scenic route through Ohio.  It meant a longer trip out here but I pretty much figured that I wouldn't be in DC until later anyway.  I wanted to give myself plenty of time though, so that gave me an opportunity to get some sunrise shots of the Schoonmaker.
 There are a few people that don't like this scheme.  I think it's fine and it looks nice in the light of the sunrise. 
 As I was taking a shot of the Schoonmaker, a helicopter decided to fly overhead.  I don't think I had quite enough light though.
 Toledo looked pretty good in the sunrise too.
 It's no Mackinac Bridge, but it will do.
 The scenic route involved me taking Ohio Route 2.  This of course meant a stop at Marblehead and I think this is the best light I've caught it in.
 The requisite shot of Cedar Point.
 A nice blue sky.  One of these days, I'm going to have to get a neutral density filter to get some moving clouds in this.
 Lake Erie looking like a lake.
 One more shot of Marblehead before moving on.
 As I was heading into town, I saw that the Manitowoc was unloading  Of course had to find a place for a picture.
 The Adam Cornelius still in layup.  I have a feeling that she is going to be here for a while.
I can probably say the same thing for the John J. Boland.

No comments: