Thursday, April 9, 2015

Cuyahoga Obscured by Fog

It wasn't what attracted me in the first place but it is a pretty good alternative.  Like I said in the last post, I was hoping to see the Honorable James L. Oberstar but that wasn't going to happen. 
 So it was pretty foggy on Lake St. Clair.  You can barely make out the Cuyahoga and the Bristol Bay behind her.  Still, makes for a pretty cool picture
 She moves a little closer and gets less obscured by the fog.  As much as I've been watching trains lately, I'm glad that the shipping season is starting to get more underway.  I love to watch the ships and there aren't too many train pictures that can top this one.
 The head shot.  I probably should have brought my monopod with me though.
 And she turns to enter the Detroit River.  This is probably my favorite ship angle.
 You can see the Bristol Bay a little better in this shot.
 The sun was starting to set, so I was getting the pinks in the sky.
 And she starts to pass by.  I just love the way the fog looks.
 A little more fog in this shot.
 The full beam shot.
And she starts to slip into the fog.  I'm not sure where she was heading though.

1 comment:

Kevin Hammer said...

The fog photos are awesome.

Interesting article about lighthouse east of Cleveland:

http://www.morningjournal.com/lifestyle/20150412/historic-sites-lighthouse-owner-continues-her-dream-to-renovate-fairport-harbor-west-breakwater-lighthouse