Friday, April 24, 2015

The Bo Statue

I've been meaning to take a picture of this statue ever since they unveiled it.  Tonight presented the best opportunity for me to do so.
 Anyone who follow this blog knows that I am a Michigan fan.  And anyone who follows it closely knows that I am a huge Bo Schembechler fan.  He seemed to be the embodiment of a coach who did things the right way.  Sadly, that didn't lead to the success that his overall record would seem to indicate.  There is a running joke that he got his cereal on a plate because he couldn't handle the bowl.  For all his Big Ten titles, he has no national championships to show for that.  But I don't think that is a knock on him because I think he looked at the bowl game as a reward for his teams' hard work. 
 The statue itself was unveiled outside of Schembechler Hall on April 5, 2014.  The statue was created by J Brent Grill.
 It is meant to depict Bo on the sidelines.  And I will have to admit, it is a pretty good likeness.
 It is also pretty well detail.
I kind of like this shot.

No comments: