Monday, April 27, 2015

Another Tug/Barge

Next up is the vessel that eluded me most of the day.  Well, I did get a picture of her on Belle Isle but it wasn't a great picture.
 The Joseph H. Thompson was following pretty closely behind the Speer.  If I had to venture a guess, I would say it was probably about 5 to 10 minutes at best.
 I kind of wish I would have seen her before she became a barge because she looks like she might have been a pretty nice looking ship.  But sadly, things move on.
 A shot of her bow as she approaches the Blue Water Bridge.
 She gives me the three quarter view.
 And she makes her turn towards Lake Huron.
 Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 I look at this shot and I can still imagine that she has her proper pilot house.  It turns out that she is also a war hero like the Tregurtha.
 Her tug was made out of parts from the original ship.
I love the way the reddish ship stands out against the blue water.

No comments: