Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Eastern Michigan Baseball Vs. Michigan State

I heard that Eastern Michigan was playing Michigan State tonight, so I decided to briefly stop at the game after work.  I try to make all of the home Eastern Michigan Footballs and most of the home basketball games but I don't get a chance to make many of the Eastern Michigan baseball games.

For some reason, the college baseball season starts in February.  That is fine for teams that are in areas of the country where it isn't winter.  For teams that do play in the north, that means they are away for roughly the first half of the season.  When they do finally get home, many of the games are schedule during the day on weekdays, so that takes out about 2/3's of the remaining games.  Since spring is the time that I like to pursue other photographic activities, that doesn't leave much time for baseball.

It's kind of sad because I do enjoy baseball, the games are free and I can get in some pretty decent spots to take pictures.
 I was taking this picture through the netting, I think you can kind of see the pattern, but I like the shot.
 One of the Michigan State players sliding into third.
 I really do need to work on my timing.  I would love to get a shot where you can see the bat contacting the ball.
 the Michigan State pitcher working the mound.
 This would have been a sweeter shot had I gotten more of the player in it.
 One of the Michigan State players swinging the bat.
 Laying down a bunt.
One of 10 Eastern runs that would score this game.

I only stayed for a couple innings, Eastern was up 4-2 at that point.  They would end up winning 10-5.

No comments: