Friday, April 3, 2015

A Pair of Trains in Deshler

I made it to Deshler, but I didn't have much time to spend there because I was going to see Dweezil Zappa in Royal Oak later.  I think I spent about an hour and a half there.  At that point, my day was already pretty good after seeing the eagle.
 The old Deshler Tower.  I don't think this is used as a tower anymore but there is still signal equipment in here.
 An old mile marker.
 The water tower and an old silo.
 These are the signals that used to be used by the B&O railroad.  They are slowly being replaced by more uniform signals.
 A close-up of the middle part.
 No trains.
 After a while, a train finally appeared.  I think the engineer was the husband of one of the people at the park because he waved.
 As it passes the tower.
 And the depot.
 Looking up at it.
 and it passes by.
 This picture represents how many trucks?
 I saw the yellow signal, but not trains.
 As I was leaving town, I looked down the tracks to see this train approaching, so I found a place where I could get pictures.
 The front engine.
And remember, when you see the gate down...think train.

No comments: