Monday, April 27, 2015

A Giant Amongst Ships

If you were paying attention in the last post, you knew what the next set of pictures would be.  I'm going to do my posts from Saturday in the order that I first saw the ships.  This one is going to be a combination of spots where I saw her.
 Her giant bow peeks around the Coast Guard station.  I knew she was coming, I just didn't think that she was this close.
 A sound of her horns as she approaches her fleet mates.  No matter how many times I hear them, I think it is cool when the ships sound their horns.  She has the shuttle system similar to the Blough and Cort.  This means that she can only unload at a couple of ports.
 A shot of her full 1004 feet.
 The straight out beam shot.
 And she continues her way up Lake St. Clair.
 Next I caught her from the Canadian side of the St. Clair River.  A friend of mine told me that I had to check out the ships from there.  Given that I'm shooting with the morning light, I tended to agree with him but I finally got around to checking it out.
 Next I caught her in Port Huron.  I was back on the American side.
 She makes her turn towards Lake Huron.
 The full head on shot.
 She makes the final turn for Lake Huron.
 She is still dwarfed by the bridge.
 Much like how this post started.
 Another shot of her full length.
 Her pilothouse.
 She passes by.
And continues on to Lake Huron. 

No comments: