Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Panoramic View of My Desk

My desk at work is the stuff of legend. I have a pretty nice collection of aircraft and other miscellaneous things. As I said in my last post, I thought I was going to be boring this evening and decided to take a picture of this. Of course individual shots don't capture its full glory, so I had to use my Photostitch program when I got home.With that, I present the panaramic view of my desk. So starting from the left and working my way to the right here are the contents.
1. A sniper from the Iraq War with a M-82 Barret Sniper Rifle
2. A soldier with a M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon
3. A soldier in front of a Saddam Hussein Image.
4. Han Solo as he runs up the ramp of the Millenium Falcon
5. A series of photographs from my 12 month series from last year (Tahquamenon Falls and the Mackinac Bridge)
6. Some M-1 Abrams, M-2 Bradleys, British Challenger Tanks, British Troop Carriers (the names elude me), a Humvee (of a different scale), an MLRS, an Apache Helicoptor and Black Hawk Helicoptor. Except for the Humvee, these are all 1/144th Scale.
7. A 1/500th scale Saturn V rocket
8. Tom Brady in a Michigan Uniform (not so much for Tom Brady but more because he's in a Michigan uniform)
9. Derek Jeter (because he's awesome)
10. Some Stormtroopers
11. A penholder from my company's 50th Anniversary.
12. A calendar.
13. A cup from one of our customers.
14. A Star Wars Day Calendar. Today's picture was Salacious Crumb.
15. A picture of a group of Eagles, an Eastern Michigan Basketball Player, a Michigan Hockey Player and a Wolverine.
16. My laptop (the screensaver is of ships)
17. The planes are all 1/72nd Scale: An A-4 Skyhawk, F-8 Crusader, F-4 Phantom, A-6 Intruder, A-7 Corsair II, F-14A Tomcat in Sundowner Regalia, F/A-18C Hornet, F/A-18F in Diamondbacks Regalia, F-14D Tomcat, AV-8B Harrier.
18. A sailor
19. Imperial Naval Troops guarding a Rubik's Cube from our company.
20. Miscellaneous Papers.
21. A mug from the US Submarine Museum in Groton

I kind of wish I could have gotten more of the desk because on the shelf there are some World War II planes and other figures.

This actually gives you a pretty good idea of some of my interests....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would that be windows above the pitchers?

Kathy said...

Do your co-workers come by and try to play with your stuff? :-)