Wednesday, November 6, 2013

And Now a New Ship....

It's not often that I get to see a new ship but with the new builds from China, I am getting that chance.
 Baie Comeau came out this year.  I am not sure if she is the second or third ship of this class.  But there are supposed to be six ships in total.
 Despite all the negativity surrounding these ships, I think they look nice.
 I kind of like the looks of the pilothouse.
 A shot of her lifeboat.
 A closer shot of her pilothouse.
 Based on other pictures that I've seen, it doesn't seem like their paint is holding as well as some other ships though.
 I mean you see scrapes and what not but not to bare metal like this.  Part of me hopes that these don't last nearly as long as Canadian or American built boats because that will show them.
 But enough politics.
Speaking of American built boats.

No comments: