Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Miscellaneous Shots Along the River

These are things that I didn't otherwise have a place for in the other posts.
 As I was shooting pictures of either the Leitch or the American Spirit, a seaplane decided to make an appearance.
 The Hollyhock.  She doesn't seem too busy right now, but that will be made up for shortly as she starts to clear ice.
 The Huron Lightship.  One of these days, I'm going to have to go on her.
 A fish tug.
 I believe this is what is known as a range light.  It is used to guide ships into the channel.  It is in front of a similar light.
 That similar light is this one.  If you are on a ship and you see these two lined up, then you know you are on the right heading to enter the channel.  This particular set is used for guiding ships from Lake Huron to the St. Clair River.
 You see a few seagulls while boatwatching.
 Another plane.
 The park in St. Clair.
 The front of the statue.
 And the back.  One of these days, I would like to catch a ship in this shot.
 Another seagull.
 Unlike some other people, I happen to like seagulls.
 A swan spreading his wings.
Another swan just swimming around.  I just liked the way the light was hitting him.

No comments: