Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Honorable James L. Oberstar Passes Milliken State Park

I was up in the Troy office.   As I was heading back, I saw that there would be a ship passing, so I decided to stop by Milliken on the way back.
 That ship turned out to be the Honorable James L. Oberstar.  It seems that I've been missing her for a while but not this time.
 She's kind of a cool looking ship but I'm not sold on that self-unloader.
 As you can see, it was kind of a blah day though.
 But a blah day taking ship pictures is better than a good day doing something else.
 She slowly works her way down the river.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And deckhouse.
 A closer shot of her pilothouse.
 You can see some of the people in this one.
 Another shot of the pilothouse.
 And her deckhouse.
 Her stack.
 Slowly, she starts to pull away.
 Which is just as well because I didn't have a ton of time for dilly dallying.
 A shot with the Ambassador Bridge in the background.
One more shot before heading to the car.

No comments: