Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Birchglen on a Sunny Wednesday Morning

I was heading up to Troy today but before I left, I decided to check AIS to see if anything would be passing by Detroit as I was passing by Detroit.  As luck would have it, there was a ship.
 The ship in question was the Birchglen and my timing couldn't have been better.  She was starting to pass the park as I was there, so I wouldn't have to delay too long.
 This pilothouse (and ship) has appeared on this blog before.  So if you want their story, go here.
 However, if you want to look at other pictures, continue on.  I should try to catch the other glens that are still on the lakes because it seems like Canada Steamship is scrapping them left and right.  Sadly, I was shooting into the sun for this shot.
 The sun was perfect for this shot however.
 She passes by and gives me a nice profile. 
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
 And her bow as she moves on.
 Windsor makes a nice backdrop for ships but I think I like plain backgrounds better.
 A shot of her stern.  Or is that a stern shot of a ship?
 She moves on.  I think she was heading to Quebec.
And an overall shot of Milliken State Park.  It was a pretty good lighting situation, I think.
One more shot for good measure.

No comments: