Sunday, April 10, 2016

And Then There was the Kaministiqua

The last ship appeared right after the last ship disappeared.  I'm glad it wasn't long after the last ship because it started to snow shortly after I left and that made for a fun drive home.
 The Kaministiqua was coming up from Port Weller in Ontario and I think she is heading up to Thunder Bay, Ontario.
 I'm almost positive that she will pick up wheat in Thunder Bay, but don't quote me on that.
 At any rate, I think she is a pretty nice looking ship but it looks like she could use a little loving.
 She has quite a few scrapes and bruises on her.
I think she is a nice looking ship and those scrapes and bruises give her character.

 As you can see, the wind was really picking up at this time.  It was getting really cold as I was taking these pictures.
 The water was boiling quite a bit.
 You can definitely see some of the marks in this shot.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she passes under the Blue Water Bridge.

No comments: