Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Watching the Planes Fly By

Since I had some time, I decided to stop at the airport for a few minutes to get some pictures.  The sun was perfect and the planes were taking off to the north.   I ended up stopping at the little spot on Wick Road.
 First up was a Boeing 717 which is operated by Delta Airlines.  As I was taking the picture, she was on her way to Chicago's O'Hare Airport.  From there, it will fly back to Detroit and then up to Cherry International Airport near Traverse City, MI.  Tomorrow morning, it will head back to Detroit and then will continue on to Indianapolis.
 This Airbus 319 was on its way to LaGuardia Airport in New York as I was taking this picture.
 This American Airlines Airbus 320 was taking off for a flight to the Phoenix Sky Harbor.  As I write this post, it is on its way to Seattle.  From there it will go back to Phoenix and then Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta.
 Another shot of that plane.
 This Canadair Regional Jet was on it's way to General Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee.  Mitchell was a strong proponent of US Air Power and had the B-25 named after him.  From Milwaukee it will head back to Detroit.
 This MD-88 is on it's way to Minneapolis-St Paul Airport.  As I type this post, it is heading to Philadelphia.
 Frontier Airlines has one of my favorite liveries.  Typically they will have some sort of animal on them.  Frontier is based out of Denver, Colorado and was founded in 1994.  They mostly operate in the west but have a few flights out this way.
 This is a Boeing 737 operated by Delta Airlines.
 This particular 767 is operated by Delta Airlines (obviously) and was on its way to Las Vegas.  I will say Good Luck to the passengers.
One of my favorite passenger aircraft is the Boeing 757.  For some reason, I think they look like graceful aircraft.