Friday, April 15, 2016

Another Friday Night Watching the Planes Go By

 So I decided to go planewatching after work tonight.  It was a pretty nice night and I am hoping that this means that spring is finally here.  I will be cautiously hopeful though because you never know.
  This is an Airbus 320 operated by American Airlines.  According to one of the flight tracker apps, she is on her way from Phoenix.  It looks like she spends most of her time in Phoenix.
 I think this is the business jet version of the Canadian Regional Jet.
 This particular aircraft is an Embrear 175 which is a Brazillian company.  This particular model had it's first flight in 2002 and there have been over 1000 built since this.  This aircraft was on it's way to Philadelphia when I took this picture.  As I post this, it is heading to Columbus.
 This is an Airbus 330 owned by Virgin Atlantic.  In fact, this particular plane has appeared on this blog before and I think it was taking the same flight that time.  In two hours from the time I post this, this plane will be at Heathrow Airport.  I'm not sure where it will go from there but if the flight tracker is any indication, it could go to Scotland, Washington-Dulles, Atlanta Hartsfield or John F. Kennedy Airport in New York.  Eventually she will work her way back to Detroit.
 This is an Airbus 330 which is currently serving as Delta Flight 98.  She is on her way to Charles DeGaulle Airport in Paris, France.  After a flight of seven and a half hours, she will land in France.  From there, she will head to the Seattle-Tacoma Airport and then to the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport.
 Another Airbus 330 taking off from Metro Airport.  This one is on its way to Amsterdam.  From there it will head to Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport.
 An MD-88 which is one of the DC-9 variants.  This particular aircraft was on its way to Philadelphia and then it will head back here.  From here, it will go to Ft. Lauderdale and back.  If I recall, these are the workhorses of the Delta fleet.
 A Cessna Citation which at the time of this picture was on its way to Columbus.  It came back to Detroit and will head out to Salina, Kansas.
 A Boeing 737 on its way to LAX.
 Another Boeing 737 belonging to Southwest Airlines.  As I was taking this picture, this plane was on its way to Nashville.  From there it flew to Midway Airport in Chicago.  In the morning it will go from there to Bradley International in Connecticut.
 A Canadair Regional Jet owned by Delta Airlines.  At the time of this picture, it was on its way to Milwaukee (I think). 
 This is a Gulfstream 450.  Not sure where it's off to.
 I then went over to the Cell Phone Parking lot south of the airport.  I was pretty surprised at the shots I got.  This is a FedEx MD-11 coming in for a landing.
 I kind of like this shot.
 One more like it.
 I think this is a DC-9 variant.
I was trying to see if there were spots in the parking lot where I could get better angles.  This one wasn't too bad.  This was a Southwest 737.

No comments: