Monday, July 4, 2016

The Lovely Lee

I saw that the Lee A. Tregurtha was headed towards the Rouge River today.  I figured she would be passing Belle Isle around 10:00 this morning, so I didn't need to get up that early.
 Well, maybe I should have gotten up a little earlier.  Except I think this would have been the nicest picture of the bunch anyway.
 After photographing the Calumet and Boland, I decided to head over to the Dix Avenue Bridge in order to wait for the Tregurtha.  I figured I had about an hour and a half (or so) and I was about right as she started to pick around the Fort Street Bridge.
 I'll have to say that this is one of my favorite spots for catching a ship in the Detroit area.  You get some interesting shots.
 She finishes passing the bridge and makes her turn for my bridge.
 She just recently got out of layup.  They used this winter to put scrubbers on her exhaust.  She will have the steamship look like the Oberstar.
 Wait patiently enough and you can get a headshot here too.
 One more turn and she starts to head towards the bridge.
 She passes the Ste Claire.
 A shot of her bow.  She definitely shows her prior existence.
 Her pilothouse.
 The rear of her pilothouse with a few of crew hanging outside.
 A shot of her stack.
 One part of the scrubbers.
 Another crewmember looking on.
 Another shot of her stack.
 She starts to make her turn for the dock.
 Old Glory flying proudly on this Fourth of July.
One more shot of her.

No comments: