Sunday, July 24, 2016

Waiting for the Germans

I decided to head over to the airport again.  I was hoping to catch one or both of the 747's coming in from Asia and the Lufthansa flight coming in from Stuttgart.  I got a pretty late start this morning, so I wasn't sure if I would make it.
 First up is the Southwest Airlines flight from Baltimore.  A pretty nasty storm had just passed, so the runway was a little soaked.  There were also some delays for the weather.  That also meant that the planes had to alter their patterns a bit.
 The daily Virgin Atlantic flight from London coming in on the other runway.  One of these days, I'll have to figure out a good spot for planes coming in on this runway.
 This was Delta 99 heavy as it lands from Charles DeGaulle Airport in Paris.  It is an Airbus 330-300.  As I type this post, this plane is on its way back to Paris.
 I believe this is the flight from Narita Airport in Japan coming in.
 A frontal shot of a United Embrear 175.
 I kind of liked the way the light was reflecting off the runway.
 A Canadair Regional Jet as it takes off.
 As it passes by.
 I was about ready to go until I saw this 757 taxing for takeoff. 
 This particular one was on its way to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  As I type this post, it is heading back to DTW.
 An MD-80 taking off for somewhere.
 And the Boeing 717.
And we end this post with an Airbus 319.

No comments: