Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Catching Up With the Callaway

I was at our Troy office today and I saw that there was a ship heading downbound.  After getting my work done, I decided to head up to Marysville because that's where I had a chance of catching her.
 The ship in question was the Cason J. Callaway which is one of the AAA freighters owned by the Great Lakes Fleet.
 I believe she loaded taconite pellets at the iron dock in Duluth and left roughly three days ago.
 In roughly 12 hours from typing this post, she will be in her destination of Conneaut, Ohio.  There she will unload her cargo and continue on to her next destination.
 Her cargo is then delivered from the docks of Conneaut to the steel mills of Pittsburgh.
 With the Arthur M. Anderson laid up for the rest of the year, I'm pretty sure that I'll see alot of the Callaway and Clarke.
 And I'm fine with that.  A shot of her pilothouse.
 And her deckhouse.  I've heard rumors that her steam power plant is going to get converted to diesel at some point. 
And she continues on down the St. Clair River.

No comments: