Saturday, March 25, 2017

My First Ship of the Season

I was going to head down to Ohio to catch some eagles and then I took a look at AIS and saw that it was pretty busy today.  Since it's been a couple of months since I've caught a ship in action, I decided to head up to Port Huron to catch some.
 First up was the Radcliffe R. Latimer.  She's been this blog a number of times it the past and has my distinct nickname of the "Harry Potter" boat.
 I think she was laid up in Hamilton, Ontario and is heading up to Two Harbors, Minnesota. 
 I presume that while she is in Two Harbors, she will pick up a load of iron and head to Nanticoke but I'm not sure.
 I headed over to the spot by the Blue Water Bridge.  I was hoping to get my normal head shot but she was moving too fast for me.
 I did get my shot of her framed by the Bridge.
 And probably one of my favorite angles.
 Another shot with the bridge.
She continues her way up into Lake Huron.  It will take her approximately two days from the time I took this picture to get to Two Harbors, Minnesota.

No comments: