Sunday, March 26, 2017

Catching Up With the Roger Blough

I ended up heading down to Ohio today but before doing that, I saw that the Blough was also heading down to Ohio.  I was hoping to catch her around Detroit but I didn't wake up early enough and even if I did, I don't think I would have enough light to catch her.
 I did end up catching up to her around Wyandotte though.  It's not a bad spot to catch a ship but unfortunately the channel is a little ways out from the spots where you can catch them.
 She loaded taconite pellets in Two Harbors and would have left sometime on Thursday.  She was at the Soo Locks shortly after midnight last night but there were a couple of ships ahead of her.
 Roughly 24 hours after passing through the Poe Lock, she would have passed the upper point of Belle Isle.
 This was probably an hour and a half later.
 As I type this post, she is about 2.5 hours outside of Conneaut, Ohio.  So its about a 14 hour or so journey from Detroit to Conneaut.
I believe the Blough is sporting a new engine.  She may also be sporting a scrubber.  At least it looks like she is.  That bodes well for her future.

No comments: