Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Game One of the MAC Tournament

I almost thought that Friday night was going to be my last basketball game of the season.  I wasn't planning on going down to Cleveland to catch a game and it was looking like Eastern would have to travel somewhere for the opening game.  Well it turned out that they got the 8th seed by virtue of both Northern Illinois and Bowling Green losing.  I'm not sure how all of the tiebreakers work out, but Eastern came out on top.

As always, these are pictures from the game but not actually of the game.  If you want to see pictures of the game, go to Hustle Belt.
 I like to get pictures from the warmups.  This is Nick Madray warming up.
 The cheerleaders getting the folks that managed to show up for the game pumped up.
 the EMU basketball band.
 Coach Mark Montgomery of Northern Illinois.
 Coach Murphy for Eastern Michigan.
The cheerleaders in a pyramid.
 I think he was arguing a call here.
 He was definitely arguing a call here.
 Coach Murphy talking to his players.
 I kind of like this shot of the cheerleaders.
 I'm not sure what three refs together could talk about but I imagine it can't be good.
 EMU Assistant Coach Benny white arguing with a ref.  I don't normally get pictures of him, so I figured that I would post one here.
 Swoop.
 James Thompson trying for a basket.
 At least the student section turned out.
 Blake Brown getting high fives after a particularly good showing.
The Eagles celebrating a pretty hard fought win.

They'll get to face the #1 Seed of Akron in Cleveland tomorrow.  I wish them the best.

No comments: