Friday, October 13, 2017

Saturday Morning With the Queen

The football game on Saturday was at Toledo and kickoff was at noon.  Before heading down, I decided to take a look at the flight schedule to see if there was anything coming in.  It turns out that one of the 747 flights was arriving.
 For a second I thought that I would be positioned near the wrong runway.  It was flying almost straight in front of me and then it started to turn.  I was hoping that it would make a sharp turn so that it would be appear over the runway I was near.
 Thankfully it did.  Not that it would have been too bad if it went to the other runway because the light was still with me.
 The plane in question was N662US which I believe was the second 747-400 built for Northwest Airlines but I think it will be the last one used for revenue service.
 Northwest took delivery of the aircraft in March 1989 after it was built in Everett, Washington.
 It was a nice enough day to catch the queen.
And I believe she was arriving from Seoul, Korea.

No comments: