Monday, October 23, 2017

Continuing on to St Joseph

I decided to continue my travels down the coast to the St. Joseph Lighthouse.  Based on other pictures I've seen and some that I've taken, I figured that it would be pretty cool if the winds hadn't died down.
 Luckily for me, they hadn't died down.
 I actually had some thoughts of going a little further out on the pier when I saw that the center was relatively dry.  This wash of water convinced me otherwise.  I never want to put myself in a situation where someone will say, "Well, here are the last pictures in his camera".
 Since the waves were crashing on most of the beach, I decided to head up the little hill that stands in front of the beach.  I left my camera in burst mode.  This meant that I got a ton of pictures but it also meant that I would likely get some pictures that I wanted.
 I kind of like this one where the spray engulfs the range light.
 For some reason, this picture almost reminds me of one of those Japanese silkscreen prints.
 Another shot of the range light getting engulfed.  I really couldn't imagine having to change the light on a day like this.
 I wanted to get a shot of the trees just to give you an idea of the winds.
 Another wave crashing into the pier.

 Trying to get a shot of the sky.

 What happened to the range light?
 Just look at that sky.


 It was pretty cool catching this.



And I moved to the other side of the river to get another angle.  You can't even see the southside pier.

No comments: