Thursday, October 26, 2017

Saturday Morning With the Queen

Saturday was a game day but the game was later in the afternoon, so I decided to make a stop at Metro Airport to get another glimpse of the Queen.  The clock is ticking on my opportunities to catch her.
 First up was the Queen herself.  Here she is making her turn for the runway approach.
 It's not often that I get a head shot of an aircraft.
 Usually they are slightly off center to me.
 At any rate, she was arriving from Seoul, Korea.
 Probably my favorite shot of her.
 Hopefully, I'll get to see this sight a few more times.
 There are many people that do not like this scheme.  I actually do like this scheme because it gives some much needed color to the skies.  It is a Spirit Airlines A321 coming in from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
 And another beacon shot.
 A CRJ belonging to Georgian Airlines operating for Air Canada Express coming in from Toronto.
 This A319 was coming in from Atlanta.
 An American Airlines A319 arriving from Miami, Florida.
 An A330 coming in from Amsterdam.
 A Southwest Airlines 737 coming in for a landing after flying in from Midway Airport in Chicago.
 And I had to wait for one more plane...
 A 757-200 coming in from Minneapolis.
The Yankee Lady was flying around Saturday so I decided to head over to Willow Run to see if I could catch her.  I just missed her though but I did catch this Cirrus SR20.

No comments: