Tuesday, October 3, 2017

the Grand Haven Musical Fountain

I remember reading about this a while ago but I never stay in Grand Haven late enough to catch it.  I figured with the Manitowoc leaving, the Sykes would be coming in soon so I waited around.  While I was waiting, I found out that they would have one more shot.
 The Grand Haven Musical Fountain was designed by William Morris Booth II who was a local engineer.  It was built in 1962 and at the time it was the largest of its kind in the world.
 It was built at a cost of $250,000 and was based on a Musical Fountain in Germany.
 In 1997, the newer sound system was added and they are in the process of updating this.
 The colored lighting was added in 2015.
 This particular show was dedicated to one of the long serving performers of it.  They featured some of his favorite songs.
 The fountains could sway and would move to the beats of the music.
 the colors would add to the experience.
 While it was neat seeing this with canned music, I would love to know if they do it with a band or orchestra.

And one more shot that kind of ends where we started.

No comments: