Wednesday, May 30, 2018

And the Frontenac

With the eventual scrapping of the Algomarine and Algosteel, that doesn't leave too many classic Canadian lakers.  There's the John D. Leitch, but many in the boatnerd community consider her ugly.  There's also the CSL Tadoussac but I missed my chance to catch her.  That leaves the Frontenac.
 I kind of wish she didn't have that ugly self unloader, but I think that's what keeps her around.  You can still see her classic lines.
 The classic pilothouse.  I'm pretty sure this isn't her final voyage but I have to believe its soon.
 I was in a spot where I could get a fairly nice headshot.

 She passes under the Blue Water Bridges.
 Another shot of that.

 The almost beam shot.
 And the beam shot.
 I think she is on her way to Montreal but I'm not sure.  Again, I hope that's not in preparation for her final load.
Anyway, I hope this is "See you later" and not "Good bye".

1 comment:

JeLebys said...

Great photos and commentary. I'm new to PH and love photography. I've fallen in love with the "Lake Boats" and love following them on Marine Traffic. I'm bookmarking your blog. Thanks for these awesome photos and history.