Monday, May 28, 2018

Catching the Saginaw at Belle Isle

After the planes and wildflowers, I headed down to Belle Isle to catch a couple of ships.  Belle Isle was a zoo because half of the island was shut down due to the race next weekend.  I wonder how much of the race money spills into the coffers of the DNR?  I wonder if it is really worth it to shut down half the island?  I mean, I think it's kind of cool for them to do the race on Belle Isle but I wish they could come up with a less disruptive way of doing it.  I heard that this may be the last year they do it on Belle Isle but somehow I doubt it.  It's better to disrupt Belle Isle than the rest of the city, I guess.
 Anyway, enough of my ranting.  The first ship that I saw was the Saginaw.  I managed to catch her at the fishing pier.  Fortunately, that wasn't shut down.
 It was a little on the hot side but not as hot at Sunday.
 The clouds look pretty cool.
One more shot before moving on.

No comments: