Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Vlieborg Passes Detroit

I was heading down to Dayton on Saturday but before leaving the area, I decided to check Marine Traffic to see if there was anything coming down or up.
 It turns out that there was a ship passing Detroit at about the same time that I would be passing Detroit.  Because of that, I ended up heading over to Detroit before heading down to Dayton.
 The ship in question was the Vlieborg which belongs to the Wagenborg shipping company of the Netherlands.  She is one of many salties that ply the Great Lakes.
 I didn't get enough pictures at Milliken State Park, so I headed down to Riverside to catch more pictures of her.  I arrived at just the right time.
 She had just had her pilot delivered from the Huron Belle.
I think she was on her way to Montreal when I took this picture.  Now she is heading to Punta Langosteira in Spain.  According to Marine Traffic, she will arrive there on June 3.

No comments: