Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Catching the Heavies Amongst the Raindrops

Friday is Engineer's Day and I usually head up on Thursday.  I was entertaining the idea of heading up there today so I ended up taking today off.  I didn't head up there today but I decided to get some aircraft pictures.  If I would have known, I would have chased after the Blough instead.  Oh well, hopefully I'll get her on Friday.
 It seems like the heavies usually arrive at Detroit Metro around noon.  First up was this A330 from Paris.
 While not a heavy, it is still a cool plane.  This MD-90 is arriving from Bradley Locks.
 I decided to head over to the other side of the airport because it looked like the Lufthansa 747 was heading over that.   Instead, I got this 717 arriving from LaGuardia.
 It turned out that she ended up landing on the other runway.  Even though I had to blow up the picture a bit, it's still not a bad shot.
 The 717 from LaGuardia again.
 Another angle of the 747.  It was cool enough that I didn't get much heat distortion.
 This MD-90 was arriving from Minneapolis.
 Even though I wasn't near the perfect runway for the 747, I was able to get some good shots of 757s.
 This one was coming in from Los Angeles.
 It was followed by one from Seattle.
 Another angle of that plane.
 The Amsterdam A330 on the other runway.
 An AeroMexico E190 arriving from Monterrey.
 Because I like the livery, another shot of it.
 A 737 coming in from Phoenix.
 A 767 arriving from Munich on the other runway.
 A 717 from Munich.
 And one more 757.
 This one was arriving from Chicago O'Hare.
 I kind of liked this shot.
I was getting ready to leave when I saw this E190 arriving from Silao, Mexico.  It's funny because I saw this same plane on Sunday.

I will try to do updates from the road.

No comments: